Isaiah 40: 11

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to
his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
Isaiah 40:11

Saturday, June 27, 2009

To be continued.....

This is our garden.
Months ago(when Kent departed) I had decide that we would not have one this year.
However when I reported this to the children they were devastated. 
"Oh mommy PLEASE, PLEASE, can  we have one!"
I caved, Informing them of the work at hand. They were all so excited to help. 
That is until the job was about half done.
"Mommy, I'm tired!" "Mommy I'm hot!"
Did mommy hear their cry.
Nope.
We kept on working until the job was finished.
Everyone helped plant tomatoes, corn, squash, pumpkins, lettuce and carrots. 
It has been a while now and so we have fun little sprouting things popping up everywhere. 
Isn't dirt great. I will try and periodically post pictures of the progress. But, seeing as these are already outdated it is doubtful. =}Happy digging!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that's a good lookin' piece of dirt! Story reminds me of the Hen who made bread and no one would help but they all wanted the bread at the end. Glad you made them stick to it! I'm sure they'll love collecting all the wonderful produce at the end of summer.

    ReplyDelete