Isaiah 40: 11

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to
his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
Isaiah 40:11

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Gideon's Find

Gideon was having his morning recess and called me out to see this. Now I don't know if all Japanese spiders are this big but if they are I sure hope they stay outside. This guy was not as large as the Rain spider that Ethan and I found in that bathroom in South Africa. Yikes that was ridiculous. But it was big enough for me to keep a safe distance. If you can get past your arachniphobia it is actually kind of pretty. Perhaps that is too much to ask though!

3 comments:

  1. Haha! Good times! I think Ethan tried the can of air freshener on it before we located the aptly named can of "DOOM"! That's quite a cool spider. Especially since it's not hanging around right where you were hoping to brush your teeth. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot that you were in the room for that little adventure. All I remember clearly is after Ethan sprayed it and it dropped to the ground and started running. He leapt over that bed screaming like a little girl. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some spiders really are amazingly pretty. I would so much rather have a spider like that in the house than a big flying cockroach.

    ReplyDelete