Isaiah 40: 11

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to
his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
Isaiah 40:11

Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Full Day



Kent decided Saturday morning that we should try and find a beach. We had never been to the beach so we broke out the map and found the closest one. We planned out the day with a few snacks and such. Before we could leave Eli had to put the finishing touches on his makeshift Halloween costume.

Here we are getting ready to head south on the train to Muirakaigan


My cute brown eyed baby!

This is for Darcee or any other pregnant friends and family. If you come see me in Japan your "talking?shining?protruding?" belly will get a priority seat on the train
We were pretty excited because we hopped off the train and there was the beach. Just a five minute stroll.
O.k. so maybe I am obsessed. Sorry 'bout that.
Almost there
Another view of the Pacific



Should we venture in? We did not bring trunks or suits. Oops.
We will next time
I think the Japanese thought we were CRAZY. Six kids. Swimming in the ocean in October. It was funny. Some would even stop and point and chuckle. Some took pictures. Let's just say we stuck out like a sore thumb. Oh well. We had fun and that is what mattered. Right?



Our makeshift beach area. No blanket. No towels. It was October 31st. While there was a breeze it was actually warmer than any day that I have ever spent on a Washington beach. Sorry Washington but your beaches are cold!
Eli was in heaven. I think he would have done this forever if we would have let him.
Gideon after his sand-angel
The typical battle of the sand castle vs. the waves. Guess who won?
We made it back home with about 10 pounds of sand in various clothing items. Kent and I wanted to go to bed(it was 5=}) but the kids REALLY wanted to go out. So, we pulled on the funny costumes that we came up with.
In order of appearance: A Princess. A Jedi. A Storm Trooper. A Baseball Player.
There were a grand total of 2 houses giving out candy. They were generous however and everyone came home with an average of 13 pieces. Not bad.
Oh and on the way home from the beach Kent got me these. Wasn't that nice of him?

So, I realize that my post dates are all screwed up. I have left my computer on American time for convienience. Sorry for the confusion. I am writing this on Monday morning.

2 comments:

  1. Bree, I just want to say that I love your updates! It looks like you are having so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you were able to go swimming this time of year! What fun! And for the record, I love the manhole covers. Keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete