Isaiah 40: 11

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to
his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
Isaiah 40:11

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A FOND FAREWELL

I was hard pressed to find a digital picture of me prior to braces. Finally found one though. This is me minus my eye-teeth, still holding onto one baby tooth and sporting some very crooked bottom teeth.
My 3 years with braces included a pregnancy and the arrival of Naomi Faye, Travels to Japan, Adventures in homeschooling and much, much more. Specific joys with braces included a year with a retainer that popped onto the roof of my mouth. I got to turn this with a key and it slowly widened my palate. At some point I got to get an oral surgery to uncover the two teeth hiding in the roof of my mouth. Yuck! Then for several months the chains that were glued to them were pulled with elastic until they lined up in the front.
It has been an adventure. Yet, I think at this point I can say that it was well worth the pain. Let me tell you folks I feel like dancing a jig.

Free!!!! Free at last!


7 comments:

  1. Wow Bree! What a relief and what a joy! You look great. My bottom teeth are getting slowly crookeder, but I don't think I would ever be brave enough to go through all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's amazing, I had braces for almost 4 years, and it is a time I do not ever wish to repeat. I am sure you've heard this tons already, but DONT STOP wearing your retainers! My teeth are already resorting back to their old ways, not as badly, but not as straight as they once were.
    You look great! Now go bite into an apple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great. it is painful to be beautiful. but worth it every time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you and Callie were mistaken for twins the other night. Well, Julian just looked at this picture and said "Mommy!" Apparently one effect of having braces is that you now look more like your sisters! :)
    Congratulations on getting them off. The result looks great!

    ReplyDelete