Isaiah 40: 11

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to
his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
Isaiah 40:11

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Saturday Harvest

Well, I think that it is safe to say that Harvey and Betty would be proud.
Proud to see their children and grandchildren carry on with knitting and the growing of gardens.(although I have yet to take up knitting...)

My garden has taken a bit of a turn for the better since the last time I wrote about it's sad state.

Look at our green beans!

Yummy taters

Corn with tassels

Yummy Yellow Squash/Zuchinni
I pick them when they are young and saute them gently. Yum!

Also, I made some into pickles. It worked better than I expected.

Happy Harvesting!

1 comment:

  1. Well done! It's a lovely family tradition, isn't it? We're still waiting for harvest season to arrive in our garden. Getting a little impatient here actually, since school's starting soon, and we have yet to eat a green bean!

    ReplyDelete