Isaiah 40: 11

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to
his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
Isaiah 40:11

Thursday, March 29, 2012

March: In like a Lion and out like a Lion????

Why is this such a difficult month to get through? Anyone else feel my pain? So much rain and gloom. Ick! I think that I have made it clear before that I am a summer girl through and through. Life is dreamy(for me) with sunshine and about 75 degrees.
Thankfully I have lots to keep me busy.
I have been thinking about writing more about my practical life here at home lately. This has kind of become the special occasions blog. You know, the fun stuff. So, I am trying to look at my days with a different lens and find the joy in it all. Especially on these days when it is so glum outside that even with ALL of the lights on in the house it still looks dismal.
So, that is my goal.
Today is the first day in many weeks that I am feeling a tiny bit like myself again. I am crossing my fingers lest tomorrow I wake up and find myself all pukey again. I even successfully drank some milk today. That is a big deal. We'll see how I feel after cooking dinner. I have also not been brave enough yet to sip a cup of coffee as just the smell has been so revolting. But, let me tell 'ya I am sure looking forward to that first cup of Joe to help me get through these homeschooling, house cleaning days.
The best news of this surprise pregnancy is the enormous help that my kids have become. They have grown up TONS since the last time I did this. Let me tell you. If I am really knocked out I can actually count on them to clean up the kitchen and bathrooms, even run the vacuum and prepare simple meals. What a blessing.

So, that's my report.
Here's to a SUNNY spring!

2 comments:

  1. The sun has come! Hopefully your ickies stay at bay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! You left a note on my blog MONTHS ago and I never got back with you! I apologize for that but it is so nice to see you here! And congratulations on another little blessing! I am glad you are feeling better and yes, it is such a blessing to hear how your children are helping you! The fruit of your labors no doubt!!

    ReplyDelete