Isaiah 40: 11

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to
his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
Isaiah 40:11

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Smiles from the Past few Days

*Watching Eli gobble up "The Return of the King" out on a blanket in the sun. Then seeing his face beam when he told me, "Mom, THE RING is destroyed!"

*Making some extra dough selling the kittens on Craigslist. Score. Note: This caused a few tears as well for more than one of my children.

*Playing a family game of baseball for Aunt Callie's 25th Birthday. H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!

*Waking up to Zeke chillin' on the couch and tossing a little something in the air. His words of greeting: "I love you Mom, I found a piece of FLUFF."

*Joseph's story about the Black Tip Shark and the Crab. An excellent "Aesop" like Fable if a do say so myself.

*Naomi's version of the "Appleseed" song: "Oh, The Lord is the Appleseed, and so I thank the Lord for giving me the things I WANT, the sun and the rain and the Appleseed. The Lord is good to me."

*Coming up to say goodnight to Gideon only to find him cleaning up his room, specifically the kitty litter box. He had emptied it and was cleaning it out with PineSol. Note: He was not asked to do this. Warms a Momma's heart.

*The amazing deal Kent got on dog food this week. Let's just say, we won't be purchasing that again for at least a year and he saved $165 bucks. Sweet.

*The Weather. Enough said.

*Moriah dutifully chasing after the boys during their air soft battle carrying the ammo. Making sure she was always no more than a few steps away for them to re-load.

*Mowing the lawn. Man, is there any better smell?

*Feeling life inside my tummy. Forgot how truly amazing that is.

What have your smiles been this week???

2 comments:

  1. So, I read this blog post the other day but didn't have time to respond. And I really didn't know I would have written anyway. But now I do. I am so happy and thankful that your Mom wasn't injured more seriously than she was. The potential was very great.... And I'm so happy that she is now home from the hospital and can sleep in her own bed!

    ReplyDelete